Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Ick May Aylor Tay



quick...name your favorite STONES rekkid....'exile', 'beggars banquet', 'let it bleed', 'steel wheels'? you better not have said 'steel wheels' but if you said any of the other three, good choices all...and all sport Mick Taylor on guitar. i love mick taylor and those three records along with 'sticky fingers' are all A+++ phenomenal testimonies to the band we all know and love and hate and wonder what the hell they do with all of thier money.

mick taylor filling rather large shoes of dear dead brian jones comes into the fray and literally makes everybody happy with his raging, searing contributions one must think, why don't we ever talk about him? yeah, we love keef, we love mick, we adore charlie (my favorite stone) and when bill was alive...we loved the little guy too. i am not sure about those who love ronnie "professional cigarette holder" wood post FACES but the other white meat, MICK TAYLOR is the man! just listen to "monkey man", "stray cat blues" or "all down the line" among the many others and marvel...thank you Mick Taylor. NO really, thank you.

my favorite stones record...between the buttons, go figure.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tattoo You. The best Stones album. A perfect dichotomy of uptempo rockers and hipswinging lowdown shufflers seperated by a tone arm. If only for "Waiting On A Friend" this record stands tall 25 years later.

Anonymous said...

Above CHose Tattoo You which I have been diggin more and more; "Hang Fire" rocks! I still have to stick with "Exile on Main st." though, never gets old.

Ben Calvin said...

between the buttons is the stones art school record. As my roomate said in 1978, it's their Roxy Music record.

Ben Calvin said...

I do like the MICK TAYLOR version of the stones minstrel show, for its Countrypolitan sound. But I've pretty much reached my limit, after 35 years I find I finally can't listen to any of the records anymore.