Tuesday, June 12, 2007

heaven must have sent you from above...



dear marvin,

i miss you terribly. you are and have been and will always be my favorite singer. i can still recall the first time i heard "what's going on" as a kid. the song struck me as something i must listen to, that i had to pay attention to this for it was written for me and later to learn for everybody. hearing you for what seems like year after year - your music became a part of the soundtrack to my growing up in so.cal. sorry to say i also have the simple memory of the day you were shot and killed in 1984. how i can still remember talking about it with my friend dvaldez prior to going to see the cramps play at a club called ichabods in ftt which is now a burger king? memories can't wait. man, i miss you marvin! i bet you'd still be knocking us dead with new stuff if you were around but be sure, you have never left...

d/l the #1's made famous by marvin right here!

No comments: